lördag 14 januari 2023

New buy Opter

 

Finally! I've been alluding to having a company on my watchlist for some time now. I was waiting for the price to hit 50 SEK so I could finally buy. In the stress to finally being able to buy Opter I managed to buy it in the wrong account. But I sold it and bought it back in the correct account with a minor loss (700 SEK). Maybe it's a bit of an OCD but I want to keep the Swedish and rest of world stocks separate. 

Opter is a company that makes software to optimize routes for transport companies. It has been growing nicely and is also earning money and paid out a dividend last year. It's a small company so I hope it will continue to grow and be a good dividend grower in the future. Some risks I see is that with a recession looming transports for goods, specially shopping packages, will go down. This might than lower the companies willing to buy Opters services. On the other hand, optimizing routes could potentially save transportation companies money, less fuel needed and less time on the road, being able to make more deliveries in a day.

Another issue is that larger companies like DHL most likely have route optimization software themselves so I don't think we'll see any big orders. But this could also make Opter a buyout candidate if a larger company wants to buy their software.

Number of shares bought: 1,000
Price: SEK 50.45

Effect on yearly dividend: +SEK 1,150.00


2 kommentarer:

  1. Verkar intressant. Skall ta en titt.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Väldigt litet bolag än så länge men kan ju hoppas att de växer och att utdelningstillväxten också är bra.

      Radera