lördag 14 maj 2022

New buy Yara International



A lot of fertilizer around the world is produced in Russia and due to the war in Ukraine no one really wants to buy it from Russian companies anymore. Although I'm a bit late to the party, a lot of western fertilizer companies went up when the invasion began, I still think that western fertilizer companies will see an uptick in their revenues as people no longer want to do business with Russia and source their products from somewhere else.
When searching for listed fertilizer companies I really only found Canadian Nutrien and Norwegian Yara. If you check the price for Nutrien you can see the impact of the invasion really clearly however Yara didn't, it moved down instead. The price going down in Yara could be that they used to buy their chemical product from Russia before the invasion, I haven't looked into that. However even if they did I do believe that the company can source a lot of the natural gas from Norway instead.

I've also wanted to buy a Norwegian company for a while and Orkla has been on my watch list for a long time. And Yara fits really nicely into a dividend portfolio with the yield of over 6% that they have. One drawback with Norwegian companies is that I think I will pay 27% tax on the dividend, though I will get that back in two years with tax returns. But I maybe should have waited for the stock to go ex-date before buying as that would have given me that money back at this point in time, but I wanted to boost my dividends this year.

Number of shares bought: 100
Price: NOK 467.30

Effect on yearly dividend: +SEK 2,300.00


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar