lördag 21 maj 2022

Reinvesting Volkswagen dividend (1)

First time being able to reinvest Volkswagen dividend. After all taxes it was just above 0.75 compared to the stock price so I just bought it. Volkswagen has come a long way since I invested shortly after the dieselgate. The dividend payout I've received has gone from SEK 23.51 in 2016 to SEK 1,161.29 this year. That's almost a 50x increase. Their dividend was stale for a couple of years but I think now that they can keep this higher dividend going forward hopefully. It looks like even though they sell less cars their margins have gone up quite a bit, most likely on their electric vehicles. Long term I think they will still be the biggest or second biggest car company in terms of car production. I do not think Tesla will be able to compete when all other manufacturers start producing ev's.

The only downside to VW is the tax on the dividend is so high.

Stocks owned: 20
Dividend per stock: EUR 7.56
Dividend received: SEK 1,161.29
Reinvested number of stocks: 1

Stocks owned after reinvesting: 21

Effect on yearly dividend: +SEK 58.00

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar