lördag 13 maj 2023

Reinvesting SBB dividend (14)

Well SBB has now imploded quite literally. They have suspended their monthly dividend payout from June and they also did it on their SBB D shares. According to Swedish law they cannot withdraw dividends that have already been agreed so as far as I understand they will pay out a lump sum next year for the remaining dividend amount. 

It felt like this had to happen as they are in deep trouble with their liquidity. Hopefully they can sell off some of their real estate to keep the company from going bankrupt. The 100 year dividend didn't last long at all. Luckily for me I don't have that much exposure to real estate in Sweden, unlucky that I bought into it too early last year. I think Castellum will weather this storm and come out on the other side and start paying dividend again in a year or two. SBB I'm not as sure, it depends on if they survive.

Why did I reinvest the dividend? Because I stick to my strategy of buy and hold and reinvesting dividends.

Stocks owned: 1,405
Dividend per stock: SEK 0.12
Dividend received: SEK 168.60
Reinvested number of stocks: 26

Stocks owned after reinvesting: 1,431

Effect on yearly dividend: +SEK 0.00

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar