fredag 3 mars 2023

Reinvesting SBB dividend (12)

To my surprise SBB increased their dividend this year. I feel like they are trying to become a dividend aristocrat in Sweden. Also they were suggesting that they would look into the possibility of DRIP, a dividend reinvestment program. DRIP essentially means you get new stocks instead of a dividend payout, something I actually would prefer. I'd save a little bit of money on the commission when reinvesting. On the other hand my 0.75 rule would no longer be possible to use. But as I understand it the fractional dividend gets carried over to the next dividend.

Since SBB price has come down quite a bit over the last month I was able to afford two additional shares compared to last month. And with the dividend increase coming in May I will probably be able to buy an extra share each month. I will calculate the effect on yearly dividend using the new increased dividend.

Stocks owned: 1,385
Dividend per stock: SEK 0.11
Dividend received: SEK 152.35
Reinvested number of stocks: 9

Stocks owned after reinvesting: 1,394

Effect on yearly dividend: +SEK 12.96

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar